James Quinn Auricchio Esq.
James Quinn Auricchio, Esq., is an experienced criminal defense attorney with offices in Western New York. As an attorney, he has earned accolades for his work as both a Prosecutor and defense attorney, achieving results in difficult matters in Courts across Western New York.
Former State and Federal Prosecutor
Admitted to the practice of law in 2001, Mr. Auricchio was appointed as an Assistant District Attorney in Monroe County, which includes the City of Rochester, New York. He served there until 2004, when he moved back to his hometown, Buffalo, New York. He was appointed an Assistant District Attorney in Erie County, where he served in the Special Investigations Bureau, initially prosecutor Narcotics Offenses before being named as the Chief of the crimes against revenue program, where he prosecuted criminal tax evasion cases in State Courts. He also worked on special assignments in public corruption, on which he reported directly to the District Attorney.
In 2008, he was recruited to serve as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, coordinating efforts with State and Local law enforcement on cross jurisdictional cases that involved money laundering, asset forfeiture, tax evasion, and fraud related arson. Later that year, the United States Attorney’s Office asked him to become a full time Assistant United States Attorney’s Office, where he served in the Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Bureau.
Focus on Criminal Defense in Western New York
After nearly ten years of public service, Mr. Auricchio entered private practice and started Auricchio Law Offices, initially working out of his father’s insurance agency in West Seneca, New York, before taking an office in the Cornell Mansion on Delaware Avenue in the City of Buffalo as well. Today, he practices in Courts across Western New York, providing the highest level of service to his clients in matters that range from Federal Conspiracy Charges to simple speeding tickets.
He has earned exceptional results, particularly for clients struggling with substance abuse and addiction issues. By collaborating with treatment providers to assist the client in recovery while protecting their legal rights in Court, Mr. Auricchio has earned notoriety from the media and Court observers alike. His unique approach and compassionate care for his clients has also earned accolades from firms like Martindale Hubbell and Superlawyers. In 2013 he was named a “Rising Star” by Superlawyers, and earned the prestigious client recognition award from Martindale.
Martindale.com presented Mr. Auricchio with its Client Distinction Award for his outstanding work on behalf of his clients as a criminal defense attorney.
He offers free consultations to individuals that are looking to retain the services of an attorney to defend them in Court. If you would like to hire Mr. Auricchio as your voice in Court, please contact him directly at (716)267-6168 or us the contact form below. You should hear back within the hour.
Mr. Auricchio regularly appears in City, Town and Village Courts in Western New York including:
Hamburg Town Court
Orchard Park Town Court
West Seneca Town Court
Cheektowaga Town Court
Amherst Town Court
Tonawanda Town Court
Buffalo City Court
Lackawanna City Court
And nearly every other Court in Western New York.
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- John Carroll University
- Bachelor of Arts - 1996
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, University at Buffalo Medical School
- Instructor, Erie Institute of Law
- Heritage Centers Foundation, Board of Directors
- Saint Francis High School Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- University at Buffalo Law School’s GOLD Alumni Board
- Assistant District Attorney in Monroe County
- United States Attorney’s Office, Assistant served Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
- Assistant District Attorney in New York
- Assistant District Attorney in Erie County, New York
- Special Assistant United States Attorney
- Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of New York
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Western District of New York, Member
- Bar Association of Erie County Foundation , Board of Directors
- Erie County Bar Association’s Professional Continuity Committee, Chair
- Erie County Bar Foundation, Member
Current Employment Position
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- “Rising Star” by Superlawyers
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell
- The New York State Police presented a service commendation in recognition of Mr. Auricchio’s service as an Assistant District Attorney in Monroe County
- Mr. Auricchio served in the Felony DWI bureau of the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office that was honored by MADD and STOP DWI
- Named chief of the Crimes Against Revenue Program for Erie County
- Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation’s Community Service Award
- Department of Homeland Security Service Commendation
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell
- Top 100 NATL
- Selected To Super Lawyers, 2020
- Best DUI Lawyers in Buffalo, 2020
- Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation Service Award, Erie County Law Enforcement Foundation, 2006